Sample of Reference is a Good Help For the Students Who Want to Make an Impeccable Reference List
Sample of reference depends on the category of arrangement that you selected for your essay. There are different essay formats which define the structure of reference item and find essay on sterotypes . Here are some basic types: MLA formatting: the referencing in this sort of formatting includes the second name of the writer before his or her first name and then followed by the page number of the work. A four gap space must be left following the heading so as to write your own name, topic and the other points asked by the teachers. The MLA formatting is one of the widespread types of essay reference arrangement after APA formatting. Here is an example of reference item in MLA type of formatting:
- Brown, Richard. Applied Mathematics: Using Mathematics in Modeling the Real World. Bromley: Chartwell-Bratt, 1999.
- It is the referencing layout if there is just a one writer for the book. If there is more than one writer for a book, then the formatting type is:
- Marquart, James W., Sheldon Ekland Olson, and Jonathan R. Sorensen. The Rope, the Chair and the Needle: Capital Punishment in Texas, 1923-1990. Austin: U of Texas P, 1998.
These are the common style for reference list for a book.
Besides, there are separate format styles for other types of books that have no writer but an editor, no editor but a writer, etc. APA formatting: the reference list must be on a separate page. It is a piece of the essay on its own. The reference list will enclose list of all resources that you have used in your paper. It should include the second name of the writer, the next will be the year of publication, then a title and the last the page number. You can also write the internet address if required. The sample of reference item in APA format is:
- If there is one author, the form is: Berndt, Tomas J. (2002). Friendship quality and social development. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 11, 7-10.
- If there is more than one writer for a book, then the formatting type is: Wegener, D. T., & Petty, R. E. (1994). Mood management across affective states: The hedonic contingency hypothesis. Journal of Personality & Social Psychology, 66, 1034-1048.
If the books are taken from some website, the reference item will be the following: вЂў Bernstein, M. (2002). 10 tips on writing the living Web. A List Apart: For People Who Make Websites, 149. Retrieved May 2, 2006, from
This is how a reference list is accomplished in different types of formatting. The examples present a scheme to an author on how the reference item is arranged for an exacting kind of formatting. Although there are guiding principles for making the reference list, an example will do an author a favor and give him a particular essay help and he will be able to make that list more correctly.
These are the examples for reference lists in APA and MLA formatting. And in case you have some doubts as to sample of reference or any other formatting concerns, groupngotravel.com constantly offers custom essays in all kind of formatting! All you need to do is to order essay and our essay writers will accomplish any task for you.